Join the Chorus
Do You Love to Sing?
Rehearsals start soon for the Winter 2018 Concert Season.
Rehearsals take place weekly from 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM on Mondays starting September 10, 2018. Please join us for rehearsals at Faith Lutheran Church, 3501 E Highland Rd, Highland Charter Twp, MI 48356 (map).
The only thing better than singing is more singing.
BECOME A MEMBER OF THE HURON VALLEY COMMUNITY CHORUS
Becoming a Member
- There are no formal auditions. If you can follow along with other people singing or the piano and match pitch, we want you!
- An informal vocal placement audition will take place with our director to match you with the correct voice part.
- Occasionally, there are solo opportunities. If a solo part is desired, auditions will be held by the director.
Musical Training and/or Experience
- Musical education and/or experience is not required.
- If you love to sing, and you are committed to practicing, we want you!
- There are plenty of experienced chorus members who would be happy to help you learn the ropes.
- It costs $50.00 for a full season (includes both the Winter and Spring concerts)
- It costs $25.00 for a half season (includes either the Winter or Spring concert only).
- Membership dues are used to pay the Director and Accompanist, to purchase new music, and to pay for the concert venues.
- Regular weekly rehearsals are every Monday evening from 7:00PM to 9:00PM.
- Rehearsals for the Winter concert start in September.
- Rehearsals for the Spring concert start in January.
- Rehearsals take place at Faith Lutheran Church, 3501 East Highland Rd., Highland, MI 48356 (map).
- The annual Winter concert usually takes place the first Sunday in December
- The annual Spring concert usually takes place the first Sunday in May.
- There will be an additional rehearsal on the Saturday before each concert. This rehearsal is typically held in the morning at the venue set for the concert.
- The venue for each concert will be announced to the chorus as soon as it is established.
- The Chorus also participates in a variety of other community events during each concert season
- Winter concert attire for men is black pants, black socks, and black shoes with white long-sleeve shirts and ties (holiday designs preferred).
- Winter concert attire for women is black pants with black socks and black shoes or long black skirts with black hose and black shoes with black long-sleeve blouses. Red scarves will be provided by the chorus as an accessory.
- Spring concert attire for men is black pants, black socks, and black shoes with white long-sleeve shirts and no ties.
- Spring concert attire for women is black pants with black socks and black shoes, or long black skirts with black hose and black shoes with white or ivory long-sleeve (or 3/4 sleeve blouses). Teal scarves will be provided by the chorus.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Have Some Fun!
Get the latest information regarding membership, concert performances, and other Huron Valley Community Chorus happenings.
A TYPICAL REHEARSAL
This video shows a typical beginning warm up led by our vivacious Director, Jacqueline Rhodes, at a Monday night rehearsal.
This video shows the Huron Valley Community Chorus practicing Angels Sing Gloria during the 5th rehearsal for our Winter 2013 concert.
The chorus, the accompanist, and the director are making plenty of mistakes. As you can see, making mistakes is not an issue and everyone is laughing about it.
That is what rehearsal is for… learning the song and having a good time.
We’ve got answers. Contact us today to find out more about joining the Huron Valley Community Chorus.